Because NCSSM is on a trimester schedule, first trimester transcripts are considered mid-year transcripts. Mid-year reports are typically due in January/February, but we have the option of sending earlier.
What is a mid-year transcript?
A mid-year transcript is your current transcript (9th-first trimester of 12th grades). This transcript will only reflect final grades and a recalculated GPA which includes these final grades. If you are in a multi-trimester course, the first trimester grade will NOT be on the transcript. Instead, In Progress (IP) will be listed next to the course.
How do I know if I should request a mid-year?
- If your college requests mid-years (check your Common Application requirements on your account; if the college does not use the Common Application, then check the admissions webpage for each college) Note: Mid-years are often not due until January which gives you time to wait and send the transcript later if you so choose.
- If you applied early action or early decision, and you have not already sent your first trimester grades and you want them to be considered
- If you applied early decision, and the college or university requested for your first trimester grades to be sent.
How to request a mid-year transcript:
- Log into Naviance
- Click on Colleges Tab
- Click on Colleges I’m Applying To
- Click Request Transcripts
- Click Midyear
- DO NOT Request additional materials such as SAT/ACT. We do not have access to send your scores. Please skip this part, but make sure you have requested your scores through either College Board or ACT.
- Click on “where are you sending the transcript” and hit done when finished selecting the colleges to which to send
- Click Done
- Click Request and Finish
- You can follow the status of your midyear request under “Manage Transcripts.”
- Counseling Services will be uploading transcripts and sending them. As with all transcript requests, please allow 14 in-session, school days for processing. Also, keep in mind that colleges will need time to match and process your transcript with your application.