NCSSM has been invited to nominate two exceptionally qualified seniors to the unique Robertson Scholars Leadership Program that combines the extraordinary resources of two world class universities - Duke University and UNC at Chapel Hill. This comprehensive leaders program provides exceptional benefits and a distinctive set of shared experiences:
- Four-year scholarship, including undergraduate tuition, mandatory fees, room and board
- Unique access to the academic and extracurricular offerings at both Duke and UNC-Chapel Hill
- Three summers of domestic and international experiences
- Customized leadership and professional development opportunities
- Extensive community of Robertson Scholars, alumni, and staff
The Robertson Scholars Leadership Program seeks students who have demonstrated the passion and potential to become great leaders in college and beyond. The hope is that all Robertson Scholars will play significant and impactful roles in their communities and society, today and in the future. While each scholar brings their own skill set, strengths, and personalities to the program, they share the following traits:
- Purposeful Leadership
- Intellectual Curiosity
- Strength of Character
- Collaborative Spirit
Financial need, state residency, and citizenship are not considered in the Robertson selection process. Students who have applied to the Morehead-Cain Scholarship are not eligible to apply for the Robertson at UNC-Chapel Hill, but they may apply for the Robertson at Duke.
To be considered for nomination by the NCSSM Scholarship Nominating Committee, interested seniors must submit a completed NCSSM nomination online application no later than 12:00 noon on Monday, September 16, 2019.
To apply for NCSSM nomination:
- Go to the Robertson website (https://robertsonscholars.org/) to fully review the opportunities provided by the program and the criteria for selection.
- Go to the NCSSM online nominee application and complete the application no later than 12:00 pm on Monday, September 16. Late applications will not be considered. Please be sure to read the application carefully and follow all instructions. We encourage you to copy the questions into a Google or Word Document while you write and revise your responses.
The overwhelming majority of Robertson candidates simply apply directly to the program themselves, as only a limited number of partner high schools across the nation are invited to nominate students. So, regardless of whether you are selected for nomination by NCSSM, you are encouraged to continue in the process by completing your online application (designating your Recommenders, etc.) and finally submitting it by the November 15 deadline.
If you have further questions regarding the award or any aspect of the nomination process, contact me or consult the Robertson website (https://robertsonscholars.org/).
The deadline for submitting your printed Robertson application for consideration by the NCSSM Scholarship Nominating Committee is noon, Monday, September 16.