You will find the Naviance link on My NCSSM.
The school's account name is ncsciencemath.
Based on customer feedback, Hobsons has improved the process for requesting and processing teacher letters of recommendations in Naviance. Improvements to the student and staff experience include:
- Students can now request teacher recommendations for specific colleges
- Students can request only the number of letters that the college accepts
- Teachers will see the exact date and time of the request
- Students and families will see when letters are submitted
- Daily digest e-mail for requests: Teachers should now receive only one e-mail notification that includes all recommendation requests added by students or staff in the previous 24-hour period. This daily digest replaces the individual notifications previously sent for each request; it will only be sent to recommenders who have received new requests during the previous 24-hour period.
Upload a Letter of Recommendation
You can upload a letter of recommendation for a student from the Teacher’s Desk. To upload a letter of recommendation using the Teacher’s Desk follow these steps:
1. Click Manage and complete your college recommendations.
2. If the student has included a note, click the View link under Note column. (If no note is
present the column has N/A.)
3. Click Upload File under Action column.
4. Click the Upload button next to the request you wish to handle. The Application and Type
fields are pre-populated.
5. Choose Application from the drop-down menu.
6. Click Browse button to locate your letter of recommendation to upload.
7. Click Upload File.
Prepare the Common App Teacher Evaluation
If the student is applying via the Common App, a Common App Teacher Evaluation form needs to accompany the letter of recommendation.
To prepare a Common App Teacher Evaluation for a student, follow these steps:
1. Open the student folder.
2. Click the eDocs tab.
3. Click the Prepare tab.
4. Click the Add button to add to the Teacher Document table.
5. Click the Prepare a Form button.
6. Select the form type Common App Teacher Evaluation from the drop-down list.
7. Click Prepare Form.
8. Complete the form, then click Save.
Submit Documents to the College(s)
If you have the permission to submit documents to colleges via eDocs, you can submit the documents from the eDocs tab in the student folder.
Note: To be able to submit teacher documents to Common App destinations using eDocs, the Common App Teacher Evaluation form and the accompanying letter of recommendation must be authored by the same user.
To submit teacher documents via eDocs:
1. Open the student folders whose material you are sending.
2. Click the eDocs tab.
3. Navigate to the Send section.
4. Select the documents you would like to submit based on the college(s) on the student’s list.
5. Click Review and Confirm.
6. Click Submit.
Managing Teacher Documents
After preparing documents, they will appear in the Teacher Documents section in the table. If you need to view, replace, or delete a document, click the corresponding link in the Actions column of the table.
© 2016 Hobsons, Inc. | Proprietary and Confidential