If you are interested in applying for need-based assistance, parents/guardians are asked to fill out a need-based assistance form in Focus. Based on the information provided, NCSSM determines if you are eligible for financial assistance. In order to find out if you qualify for fee waivers, please contact Donald McIntyre at email@example.com. If the form has not been completed, he will explain exactly what information you need to provide.
The Common Application's member colleges want to make sure that application fees do not pose a barrier for any student who wishes to apply for admission. If you feel that your financial circumstances might qualify you for an application fee waiver, you can request a fee waiver on the Profile screen in the Common Application Fee Waiver section.
You must meet at least one of the following indicators of economic need:
- You have received or are eligible to receive an ACT or SAT testing fee waiver.
- You are enrolled in or eligible to participate in the Federal Free or Reduced Price Lunch program (FRPL).
- Your annual family income falls within the Income Eligibility Guidelines set by the USDA Food and Nutrition Service: https://www.fns.usda.gov/school-meals/income-eligibility-guidelines
- You are enrolled in a federal, state, or local program that aids students from low-income families (e.g., TRIO programs such as Upward Bound).
- Your family receives public assistance.
- You live in a federally subsidized public housing, a foster home or are homeless.
- You are a ward of the state or an orphan.
- You can provide a supporting statement from a school official, college access counselor, financial aid officer, or community leader.
If you qualify for fee waivers, this is what you are eligible to receive:
College Board SAT/SAT Subject Tests: registration fee for up to two SAT tests with or without the SAT essay, the registration fee for up to two SAT Subject Test administrations (take up to three individual SAT Subject Tests taken on a single test day) and four limited-time score reports plus four to use at any time. Note: You will receive these fee waivers from Pam Oxendine in Royall 216.
College Board College Applications: Four (4) college application fee waivers
College Board AP Exams: talk to Kathy Mueller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 919 416-2887.
ACT: up to two fee waivers. Note: You will pick up your ACT/SAT fee waivers from Pam Oxendine in Royall 216.
For more information regarding how eligibility for fee waivers are determined, please visit the following links: